Updating Members’ Details
by Andrew Urbanski
The Club’s Member Area
Each club has a dedicated member area on the EBU website where the Club Administrator or Scorer maintains the club’s membership list, uploads the P2P session files, and can check the session files and the club’s transaction statements.
To log in to the club’s member area:
- Go to the home page of the EBU website at www.ebu.co.uk
- Click on ‘Member Login’ (top button in the left-hand menu)
- Log in with the club’s (user) EBU number and password
Note that if you have forgotten the password, you can click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ button after entering the club EBU number, and the EBU’s automated system will email the password to the club’s registered email address.
Adding new members
For the benefit of your members, it is important that your club keeps its membership list up-to-date. To add a new member to your club’s member list you will need their first and last names as well as their EBU number or their address with postcode.
- Log in to the club’s Member Area
- Click on the tab at the top labelled ‘Members’
- A list of Club Members will appear.
- Click on the green plus sign at the top of the member list
- Click on ‘An existing EBU record’ and either put in their EBU number, if available, or their surname and first name (if the first name doesn’t produce a result, try the initial only).
- Click on ‘Search’
- If their name appears below, click on ‘Select’, and you will shortly see their name appear in the member list. If there are multiple results and you are not sure which is correct, call or email the EBU office. (The location given next to the player’s name should usually make it clear which record you are looking for.)
Note that it is essential not to create a second EBU record for someone that already has one or has had one. If you cannot find the right person through steps 1-7 but you suspect they already have a record, please contact the EBU for assistance. Otherwise…
- If the above steps do not produce the correct record, close the search box by clicking on the small grey circle with a white cross at the top right to return to the member list.
- Click on the green plus sign again and this time click on ‘A new EBU record’, fill in the member’s details and click on ‘Submit’. Note that in this case the fields ‘Forenames’, ‘Surname’. ‘Address’ and ‘Postcode’ are required. The remaining information is optional, although it is useful for the EBU to have full contact details. Date of birth is only required for juniors (since they are exempt from the P2P charge).
If the player is already an EBU member, their name will appear in your member list in black, and you can see their EBU number next to their name. However, if this is a member new to the EBU, the name will initially appear in blue, and they will have a temporary EBU number (beginning with 900). When the details get back to our office, they will be issued with a permanent EBU number (beginning with 004), and their name will turn black. This will usually happen within 24 hours. You will need to input their permanent EBU number into the player database in your scoring program.
Lapsed and deceased members
If a player leaves the Club, or passes away - you should remove their name from your Club’s membership list on the EBU website. To do that:
- Log in to the Club’s member area on the EBU website.
- Click on the tab labelled ‘Members’
- Click on the relevant ex-member’s name.
- Click on the red cross.
Note that removal from your Club’s member list will not affect their EBU status if they are a direct member of the EBU or a member of another EBU-affiliated club. For deceased members, please email the EBU membership helpdesk directly on email@example.com.