There are various administrative aspects with which the EBU staff would very much appreciate your assistance.
If you need help with any of these administrative aspects please see this webpage, which contains video tutorial to help you, or please contact us.
- When a new member joins your club please provide us with all their details, not just their name. We need their full postal address, initially so they can receive the welcome letter, and subsequently so they can receive items such as the magazine. If you provide their email address they can also generate a password so that they can access the members area on the website. Without an email address on the system they will not be able to do this. So, please try to ensure that a full postal address and postcode are entered for all new members.
- Many existing members do not have an email address on the system, and a large number have an email address which is incorrect or out of date. This can cause problems when members try to access their area of the website (to look at scores, enter competitions, read the online magazine etc). It would be a good service to your members, and very helpful to us, if you could provide a spreadsheet giving as many members email addresses as possible, along with their name and EBU number. Any member submitting their email address can choose to opt out of any third party mailing, and we will not pass on their email to anyone without their consent.
- Please keep your membership list up to date. When someone leaves your club, whether because they pass away, move home, or stop playing, please make the necessary updates:
Note that removal from your Clubs member list will not affect their EBU status if they are a direct member of the EBU or a member of another EBU-affiliated club. For deceased members, please also email the EBU membership helpdesk directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to the Clubs member area on the EBU website.
- Click on the tab labelled Members
- Click on the relevant ex-members name.
- Click on the red cross.
- Please encourage your members to opt out of receiving the printed version of the magazine if a) it is of no interest to them, or b) they are happy to read the online version of the magazine, or c) someone else in their household also received a copy. Likewise, if any member does not use the diary we would ask that they opt out of receiving that. Sending out diaries and magazines which are not used or thrown away unread is obviously a waste of money and resources. If you have any members who could opt out of either please ask them to let us know by emailing email@example.com, or request that they update their preferences through the members area of the website.
- Finally, please look at the club listing on the website - http://www.ebu.co.uk/map/?text=1 and check that the details we hold for your club are correct: is that where and when you meet? are those the facilities at your venue? etc. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of any changes which need to be made.