The Judicial Review in to Sport England's position that bridge should not be considered a 'sport' will be heard at the High Court on Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd September.
It is expected that the ruling will be made in the next few weeks.
The most recent Press Release from the EBU, summarising some of the points which were made during the case, is available here.
- BBC News at One - scroll to 24:05
- BBC News website - 22/9/15
- Wall Street Journal - Article; video
- ITV News website
- The Guardian: news; opinion piece
- The Daily Telegraph
- Heather Dhondy on BBC Radio 4 - scroll to 2:48:00; and Heather on 5Live - scroll to 1:21:40
- Sky News website - you may find the quiz at the top of the article interesting; and then look at their list of ten unusual sports
- BBC magazine - Do bridge and chess make you fitter?
- Andrew Robson on 5Live - scroll to 07:15
- Peter Stockdale on Radio Suffolk - scroll to 2:08:00
- England Team NPC Simon Cope (and others) on Newsnight - scroll to 38:30
- The Daily Mirror
- EBU Board member Ron Millet on Radio Yorkshire
- Channel 5 News (side note: there are 46 member countries of the European Bridge League, not the World Bridge Federation as stated in the piece)
- Daily Express
- Reuters News
- Mail Online
- EBU Board Member Darren Evetts on Radio Coventry & Warwickshire - scroll to 1:56:00
- Peter Stockdale on BBC World News
- Al Jazeera news - thanks to Wimbledon BC for their involvement
- BBC News website - 23/9/15
- Nottingham Post
- The Jewish Chronicle online
- Barry Capal was on BBC Breakfast - 7:40am, 22/9/15 - but unfortunately due to "rights reasons" this is not available on the iPlayer
We are aware of a lot more coverage at national and local level and will try to add more links in due course.
Thank you to all members who made a positive contribution to the debate and have spoken to media outlets in support of bridge. Your input has been appreciated.