The Guernsey Congress finished yesterday after ten days of competitions.
The four session Swiss Pairs on the first weekend was won by Tim Gauld (London) & Dan McIntosh (Channel Islands) by a single Victory Point. They overtook long time leaders Gary Hyett (Manchester) & William Crook (Notts) on the final match, with both pairs winning but Tim & Dan by a larger margin. Janet Latham & Ted Latham (both Yorks) were third, a further 11 VPs behind.
The four session Swiss Teams on the second weekend was won emphatically by Reider Laland, Fred Moen, Erik Saelensminde and Rune Hauge (Channel Islands). They raced in to a large lead in the early matches, and although they lost twice on the final day two maximum victories meant they finished 32 VPs clear of the field. Two teams tied on 122 VPs from their ten matches - Ruth Edmondson, Brigid McElroy, Ann Slee & Alison Pollok (all Devon) and Pamela Reiss, Dominic Flint (both London), Jonathan Hoffman & Gail Hoffman (both Middlesex).
The other winners were:
- Pivot Teams - updated: Ruth Edmondson, Brigid McElroy, Ann Slee & Alison Pollok (all Devon) won on a split tie ahead of Rune Hauge, Andy Hall, Robert Plumley (all Channel Islands) & Reider Laland
- Men's Pairs: Tim Gauld (London) & Dan McIntosh (Channel Islands)
- Women's Pairs: Linda Stocks & Margaret Crangle (both Warks)
- Seniors Pairs: John Honey & Fiona Honey (both Channel Islands)
- Mixed and Open Pairs: Maureen Stairs & Brian Stairs (both Beds) and Chris Jones & John Thrower (both Berks & Bucks)
- Multiple Teams: Rosalind Morgan (Devon), Jean Squires (Oxon), Bruce Curry & Brian Browse (both Dorset)
- Seniors Multiple Teams: Agnes Baxter, Peter Baxter, Janet Latham & Ted Latham (all Yorks)