Entering and booking competitions
Bookings can be made online via My EBU. Check the Competitions section of the EBU website for this and up-to-date details of the various competitions including dates and venues. Enquiries for the various events should be addressed to our Competitions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01296 317 203.
- Note that all our EBU Calendars really are only drafts. Members should not make non-refundable travel or accommodation arrangements based on these drafts, and/or before they have formally entered the tournament in question.
Online Competitions Entries Issues
Competition entries through MyEBU will appear to fail after the payment stage, the entry has in fact succeeded so please do not try again as you will be charged again.
You can book into forthcoming events by logging into the members area.
EBU Accommodation Booking Service (ABS)
The Accommodation Booking Service, operated by Arena Travel is aimed at providing a comprehensive freephone service that is quick and easy. The number is 01473 917309.
Operating guidelines on hotel venues in England and on Overseas Congresses
- Principles behind the EBU's policy on participation in EBU Overseas Congresses
- Principles behind the EBU's policy on venue hotels
Some clubs are available for hire by teams wishing to hold a knockout match at a 'halfway venue'. A list of some of these is available: halfway venues list.
Rules & Regulations
To be eligible for a Seniors event, players must have their 62nd birthday or beyond during the calendar year (January-December) of the event. For example, a player can play in a Seniors event at the age of 61 provided his/her 62nd birthday falls later that year.
Please note: The WBF - and consequently the EBL and Bridge Great Britain - have adjusted their criteria for eligibility for Seniors events. The EBU has therefore adjusted its criteria in response to this. Please note, therefore, that to be eligible players must have their 61st birthday or beyond during the calendar year (January-December) of the event - i.e. entrants must be born in 1959 or earlier. See seniors events further information for more details.
To be eligible for a Juniors/Youth event, players must be under 26 years of age on 31st December of the year in which the congress takes place, or the year in which the knockout competition begins
- If you were born in or after 1996 then you will be eligible for half price entry to EBU events, or entry to Under 26 competitions, in 2021. - If you were born in or after 1997 then you will be eligible for half price entry to EBU events, or entry to Under 26 competitions, in 2022. See junior events further information for more details.
In EBU competitions players may only represent their County of primary allegiance. Please see county allegiance further information for more details.
Please note that your county of primary allegiance does not automatically change - for example, if you move house - and must be specifically changed. Any member wishing to change their county of allegiance should contact Karen Durrell - email@example.com or 01296 317201. You cannot make the change yourself so as to ensure that the change is permitted (for example that you haven't already changed allegiance that year).
You can see your county of primary allegiance in My EBU.
Transgender players in mixed or women’s events
Looking for a partner/team mates
If you are looking for a partner or team mates for this competition, please use the new Partnership forum
Become a standby volunteer
We would always like to hear from pairs who are willing to act as standby at our events, especially for Swiss Pairs and Swiss Teams competitions.
Both the directors and the players are very grateful for the role played by standby pairs and your generosity would be much appreciated.
We ask that you attend the competition and if you are required to play then you would receive free entry to the event. If you are not required then reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacts and communication
To enter any of our events, or to find out more information, please contact email@example.com (Tel: 01296 317203).
- EBU Tournament Mobile: In an emergency, if you need to contact a member of staff at a congress, and it is outside EBU office hours, please ring 07780 673522. Do not use this number for general enquiries or competition entries.
For more information
- Visit our Community and Communications page