We hope you will take part in some - or maybe even all - of the Summer Meeting, which is once again ack in Eastbourne and taking place at the newly refurbished Devonshire Park.
Weekend Challenge Competitions
If you are looking for an intensive weekend of quality bridge, these are for you.
Swiss Pairs Championship for the Harold Poster Cup
Friday 2nd - Sunday 4th August
Four Stars Swiss Teams
Friday 9th - Sunday 11th August
- Green Points are at an enhanced level to reflect the status of the events.
- Two start times on Friday - a 6:30pm start for those wanting to get away early, or a 7:45pm start for those who have to work/travel on Friday afternoon
- An earlier finish for everyone on Sunday
- A free Open Pairs at 2pm on Friday 3rd for participants in the Swiss Pairs
- A free Point-a-Board Teams at 2pm on Friday 9th for participants in the Four Stars Teams
One Day Swiss Pairs
Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th August
Two One Day Swiss Pairs competitions, ideal for those who do not have team mates for the Four Stars Teams, who cannot commit to a full weekend, or who would just prefer to play that type of competition.
The competition will be fully Green Pointed at the standard level. There will be a bonus award for the pair with the best combined result across the two days.
Monday 5th, Tuesday 6th, Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th August
All the well-known midweek events are in the One Day Event programme, including the daily Open Pairs and our regular evening events:
‘Play with the Experts’ Pairs on Monday (stratified); The GCH Fox Championship Pairs (stratified) on Tuesday; Mixed Pivot Teams Championship on Wednesday; the Mixed Pairs Championship on Thursday (stratified); and a Point-a-Board teams on Friday afternoon.
All the weekday afternoon events are blue-pointed and the weekday evenings are green pointed, with an early start available in some of the evening pairs events.
The four midweek evening events will additionally be scored across the field with events held at a number of clubs across the country.