Scoring a Pairs Event
Displaying Results on the Internet
If you use BridgeWebs, you need to click on 'Internet Functions' (circled) to create and upload a BridgeWebs file.
If you use Pianola, you need to click on 'Internet Functions' to create an EBU 'UMS' (fka 'P2P') file.
Otherwise, we assume that you have to create an 'HTM' file, which you or your webmaster will deal with in some way:
- On the right hand side of the above screen, there is a list headed 'print to', with 'Notepad' selected. When you click on 'Display on Screen', this is why the results appear as a text file.
- Select, instead, 'Web table' from the 'print to' list, and then click on 'Display on Screen'.
- An HTM file opens up. The file has been saved in a folder called 'Reports' within your default folder. Unless you installed in a different folder, you should find it in C:\EBUScore\Pairs\Reports
This just produces a ranking list. For display on a club website, I suggest that you try the 'ClubPrint', which shows not only the ranking list but also travellers and personal scorecards:
- From the 'Print Menu' on the left, select the bottom item 'Club Print'.
- You will be presented with many more options, as to what information you want to appear on the travellers and scorecards, such as whether you want contract information. If you're not sure what the effect of these options is, just try a few!
- Once you've checked your options, click on 'Display on Screen' (with 'Web Table' selected on the RHS).