Home Club Forum

User name

1) I recently joined the Forum but unwittingly accepted the default user name of my EBU membership number. How can I change it to something more meaningful? I can't seem to to do in on 'edit profile'.

2) When you want to start a new thread you have to select a category but what if there is no suitbable category like for this posting? Could a miscellaneous category by added?

Comments

• Tell me what name you would like to use and I'll change it for you. Or continue to use that name (which has the advantage of saving your password for you) and put your details in a footer.

If there's no suitable category for your post, it might be an indication that it's not suitable for these forums. They do cover a fairly wide range, so I'm trying to think what you might want to put that doesn't fit in.

• Thanks for quick reply Gordon. I can't think of any other organisation in the country where and ordinary punter like me gets a reply from the chief exec in 25 minutes!

Could you change my user name it to naturalman which is also my BBO name and reflects my philosophy of bidding. I think names are so much better than numbers for a forum as it's easier to remember them when reading a thread. In fact I would suggest that you alter the entry form so that every new member is forced to make up a memorial name rater than the default of their EBU number. When I joined I didn't see the option to change the default.

Here I am, the newest member of the forum, and am already making suggestions to improve the site! :-)

I tried to add a photo but when I clicked on 'change picture' I good "whoops there was an error".

• That's done now. The software we use has limited configuration so I don't think we can do that.

• Thanks very much Gordon. Does that mean I can't add a photo?

• You should be able to. I'll try to find out why you can't but that probably won't be until Tuesday.

• Gordon. I was also unable to upload photographs to the forum whether I tried 'drag and drop' or 'add files'. Is there a help section anywhere in the forums? I couldn't find one.

• edited September 2020

@Naturalman - I like your style... If my nickname were to be like my playing style, it would be crazyman, at least if you listen to my partners :D