Home Scoring and other IT questions

BBO to XML Merged results

I had a problem this week when I tried to repeat what was succcessful last week : the merge of results from 7 head-to-head matches which played the same boards, and the loading of those results into Bridgewebs.

What is wrong is the display of results where the wrong team names are against the various lines in that table; meanwhile all the other aspects of the scoring all seem correct. My inspection of the XML file spots only two differences : that the PROGRAM_VERSION changes to 1.3.8/w1.5.3 (from 1.4.3) and that pair numbers changes from being of the form "NS9" and "EW9" to being "1:1" and "1:2". .

The issue doesn't hurt a lot, and when I load the relevant XML file into EBUScoreTeams is does produce the correct table (but I give up that for the quick link to all bidding/play which I lose if feeding Bridgewebs from there). I don't know if the problem is in what I am doing, in BBOtoXML, or in Bridgewebs.

Comments

• We did change the pair numbering in anticipation of a need to be able to handle teams of more than 2 pairs, but I wouldn't have thought that would cause the problem. Please could you email me the following and we'll take a look:

The CSV file containing the 7 merged matches
    The generated XML file
    The name of the Bridgewebs site where the event has been uploaded

Our email address is on this page

• @patricks, I've taken a look at a different merged match, so there is no need for you to send me those files. The ranking display is definitely wrong. As you, say the team numbers are wrong on the ranking list, and I can also see that the sum of the imps for each match in a row on the ranking list does not always match the total shown in the IMPs column. The scorecards appear to be correct except that the total IMPs shown at the bottom of the scorecard is wrong in some cases.

I don't think it's a bug in BBOtoXML because I have uploaded the same XML file to a website running an earlier release of Bridgewebs and it displays correctly there. I will contact Bridgewebs to progress it further.

• @patricks, This issue has now been fixed in Bridgewebs, and the results displays of your two GCBA League events have been corrected. There is no need to re-upload the XML files (though you might want to remove the notice above the ranking list which states that the displays are incorrect).

• edited October 2020

Very many thanks for all your help - I've been distracted for a few days.

I should say how grateful we are to have this BBOtoXML and MERGE capability. It makes our teams matches a lot more interesting when we can compare results.