Home EBU TDs

NGS

I see on the EBU website that several people are under investigation for cheating. If it is found that some have been cheating will there be a retrospective calculation of NGS scores in those sessions where they have been opponents? Also, when NGS scores are calculated I assume it is done as a comparison with the SOF of the field. Perhaps it's a bit much to ask (as it probably is in the cheating assessment) for an NGS calculation to be calculated on the SOF of the small group in which you have played? Apologies if this has been discussed earlier.

Comments

• While it might appear to be desirable, it would most likely be very impractical as it might involve many organisations re-scoring and re-submitting many events from some time ago, and it is not normally known exactly which sessions the offender was cheating. The point of conviction is very likely a significant time after the last actual offence and so by the time of conviction, every victim's grades would have substantially recovered anyway.

Barrie Partridge - CTD for Bridge Club Live

• I agree with Barrie that it's impractical, but because NGS is an ever-updating calculation, the effect of these games will be small and steadily decreasing. In the case of anyone with a ban of three years or more, they will have no valid games by the time they come back to play.