Home Club Forum

RealBridge block

I get the following message when I try to log into RealBridge. Should I ignore it?

Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)
Website blocked: realbridge.online

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain scam activity.
We strongly recommend you do not continue.
Tooltip icon
Do not block this site again for scam

Comments

• It does sound like an over-vigilant web-guard tool so as long as you are confident you have the correct web address I wouldn't be too concerned. You might try it on a different browser to satisfy yourself or get in touch with support at RealBridge.

• Thanks Gordon - I'll log in via the EBU website.

• MalwareBytes probably treats realbridge.online as a new domain (it's only a few months old) which it knows very little about and therefore it cautiously categorises it as suspicious.

You should be able to tell MalwareBytes that you fully trust realbridge.online - so that it doesn't get blocked in future (known as your whitelist).

Note - MalwareBytes is an excellent free product for periodically scanning and cleaning up unwanted and dodgy files from your computer, but it's not so good at everyday real-time website monitoring. About two-thirds of the way through a very positive review of MalwareBytes from a year ago, attention turns to the free Browser Guard with which it is unimpressed.

• Clicked that RealBridge is fine in MalwareBytes and all worked OK from then on. Thanks everyone. Not sure I liked my first outing with RealBridge but when I think back I didn't like my first outing with BBO. I guess anything new takes a bit of getting used to. One thing I'll have to watch out for is grimacing and waving my arms about when I disapprove of partner's actions. One of the advantages (disadvantages?) of BBO is that you can remonstrate against partner in a most explicative way.

• I also played on Realbridge last night for the first time, and liked the graphics very much - I thought they were much less jerky than in BBO when you often click on a card and it takes a couple of seconds to move.
    I also liked the ability to talk, but I found the camera very distracting. As AlanB says players frown or grimace during their partner's play of the hand or when dummy appears. Also the postioning of the cameras need adjustment in some cases.
    I wonder what the reaction might be if players tried a session where they just spoke and turned their cameras off?