Home Scoring and other IT questions

Multiple Teams

I have received conflicting advice as to whether multiple teams can be played on BBO. I would appreciate a definitive answer otherwise the event I am planning will be played on Realbridge.
There are still some people who are so familiar with BBO now, they won't try Realbridge!
Many thanks

Comments

• Multiple teams cannot be played on BBO. The closest you can get to simulating it is to have a series of head-to-head matches using the same cards. Each match has to be set up individually, which is really only practical if the matches are not short and/or you have lots of people to set it up.

• Thanks Gordon - that's what I thought, but someone was insistent they knew better!

• We are doing inter county matches, essentially 3 different teams of 8 using BBO.
    We use pre-dealt hands, rounds of 8 boars and swap players after each round.
    Each 1/2 of the team sets up a team event of 4 pairs and we just accumulate the scores at the end, in IMPs.
    Works okay, but we need 6 players capable of using BBO to create team events using the pre-dealt hands.
  • So much easier on Realbridge - multiple T of 8 or T of 4. Multiple T of 8 needs a little knowledge of config files, but not too hard to create. Added bonus it's almost self scoring with team captains able to see the Imp scores of both their teams.