Home EBU Tournaments

Second EBU Daylong on BBO

Are there any plans to launch second EBU Daylong on BBO? Perhaps the second BBO daylong could contribute to NGS?

Comments

• The question hadn't been raised so there are no plans, but now that it has we'll keep it in mind. There are two other daylong games on Funbridge that might be of interest. When we polled the Funbridge players about NGS they were strongly opposed to it.

• edited January 2022

Thank you, Gordon. I’ve checked Funbridge tournaments, but it looks like they sometimes attract only 10-12 players a day. Perhaps that was one of the reasons Funbridge players were strongly against counting the results towards NGS?

Is it worth polling BBO daylong players to find out what the attitude towards second EBU daylong tournament on BBO? Perhaps the options could be:
    1) Wouldn’t play in second BBO tournament.
    2) Would play only if it doesn’t count towards NGS.
    3) Would play only if it counts towards NGS.
    4) Would play regardless.

• Hi Roman,

It's only the new 12-board game that doesn't (yet) get a lot of players, but it was for the existing 20-board game that we asked.

• edited January 2022

Hi Gordon.

It's only the new 12-board game that doesn't (yet) get a lot of players, but it was for the existing 20-board game that we asked.

Ah. Ok. Thank you.

Anyway, it's just an idea... If three existing daylongs remain NGS exempt and a new daylong counted towards NGS is introduced, that will just increase the choice, might attract new players and will have no negative impact on players who oppose to NGS?

• I'll keep it in mind, but of course the other thing is that the system doesn't currently work with scores from games like this and when I enquired prior to asking players the last time, I was told that it would not be straightforward from an IT development point of view.