Home EBU TDs

RealBridge 1.1.3 - for TDs

Recently we released RealBridge 1.1.3, with a number of new features.

We are running short 20-minute sessions for directors to learn about the new features. If you would like to attend one of these, please do come along.

New features in version 1.1.3 (excluding Teams of 8 or more)

• Monday 10 January, 9:00 pm UK
  • Wednesday 12 January, 9:00 pm UK

Teams of 8 or more

• Monday 10 January, 9:30 pm UK
  • Wednesday 12 January, 8:00 am UK

If you'd like to attend, this is the link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7753080652?pwd=NDUxMEVuV3FjVlcyVDNxTHZhZzM0Zz09
Meeting ID: 775 308 0652 Passcode: GoodBridge
No sign up is needed. Simply click the Zoom link to join the session.

We sent the release notes, with a detailed description of the new features, to all of our customers. If you'd like to be sent a copy of the release notes, please email support@realbridge.online

Comments

• Hi there - does teams of 8+ give the option of modified IMP scoring (i.e. load by sqrt(teams/4))?

• | Hi there - does teams of 8+ give the option of modified IMP scoring (i.e. load by sqrt(teams/4))?

RealBridge 1.1.3 does not do add-then-imp with modified IMPs. Since the rollout and introductory sessions of the teams of eight scoring, RealBridge has foufnd there is are league using both add-then-imp (which they support) and add-then-modified-imp. There are looking at whether to support add-then-modified-imp in future releases.

| ... teams of 8+ ...

I not sure about teams of more than 8 for add-then-imp - this would require further-modified IMP scales, and none of the fouled board formulae work - see WB 3.7.5.1

• edited January 2022

@Robin_BarkerTD said:
    | Hi there - does teams of 8+ give the option of modified IMP scoring (i.e. load by sqrt(teams/4))?

RealBridge 1.1.3 does not do add-then-imp with modified IMPs. Since the rollout and introductory sessions of the teams of eight scoring, RealBridge has foufnd there is are league using both add-then-imp (which they support) and add-then-modified-imp. There are looking at whether to support add-then-modified-imp in future releases.

| ... teams of 8+ ...

I not sure about teams of more than 8 for add-then-imp - this would require further-modified IMP scales, and none of the fouled board formulae work - see WB 3.7.5.1

These Teams of 12, 16, 20 etc are best suited for Club/County v Club/County friendly tournaments so may not be much concern about fouled boards etc. I have just set up a 2 teams of 16 event using the new version using RR 2 x half with Auto Switch for tomorrow night. Hopefully all will be well.

I notice that these T of 8 need at least 2 Rounds to run so are suitable for Round Robin events and will score each match on a 20-0 VP scale.

However for 2 T of 8 you need to create another round by playing both teams of the opposing sides. This creates a VP result for both rounds totalling 40 VPs. I haven't found a solution for this yet. Though I suppose this is trivial, as it could be set up as a four-table 2 T of 4 Head to Head matches and manually VP'd