Home EBU TDs

Movements

I am TDing a tournament which will have two sections, scrambled Mitchell, IMP Barometer scoring., two sessions, morning and afternoon of 24 boards each.
Normally we simply switch EW between the two sections for the afternoon session.
Is there a more efficient way of getting a single winner result?

Comments

• It would be better to move EW from the first section to NS in the second section, NS from the second section to EW in that section and EW from the second section to NS in the first. You need to ensure that any pairs who can't move start in the first section.

Nothing that you do within your parameters will be perfect, but this is a bit better than just swapping EW pairs. How many pairs in total do you expect? There may be something that would be better than this.

• edited July 2022

...and EW from the second section to NS in the first. You need to ensure that any pairs who can't move start in the first section.

Hi Gordon - did you mean to write:

...and EW from the second section to EW in the first. You need to ensure that any pairs who can't move start NS in the first section.

• > @UsuallyDummy said:
    > Hi Gordon - did you mean to write:

Yes I did!
  • Thanks.
    When I have an approximate idea of the number of pairs I will get back and seek your advice on what may be better.