Home EBU TDs

Law 25(A)1 Unintended Call

The first part of the second sentence of this Law 25(A) (1) is clear (I.e. "The second (unintended) call stands" ) but the words "and is subject to the appropriate Law " are unhelpful? Which specific Law reference does this mean to refer to ? Why not mention specific Law references in the Law book ? It is annoying to see the use of the word "appropriate" in the Law book. Throughout the Law book there are numerous inconsistencies in the use of Law reference numbers. Any comments ?

Comments

• When you see large laws like 88 and 89 it seems that not renumbering laws is more important than making them clear and sensible. ;)

Alan

• I assume this simply means that the call is subject that all the other laws that any (intended) call is subject to.

• @rkcb1430 said:
    The first part of the second sentence of this Law 25(A) (1) is clear (I.e. "The second (unintended) call stands" ) but the words "and is subject to the appropriate Law " are unhelpful? Which specific Law reference does this mean to refer to ? Why not mention specific Law references in the Law book ? It is annoying to see the use of the word "appropriate" in the Law book. Throughout the Law book there are numerous inconsistencies in the use of Law reference numbers. Any comments ?

You mean 'the second (intended) call' not 'the second (unintended) call', right?
    I scrambled to get the law book, wondering if I remembered the law correctly!

• @rkcb1430 said:

I have raised the same issue, of inconsistencies in the use of Law references, in an earlier post.

• yes a typo in my original post !
    Thank you.