Home EBU TDs

Introduction

Hi All,

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am an Indian, living in Mumbai. A keen bridge player, around 12 handicapper in terms of golf! Enthusiasm exceeds competence!

Got interested in Directing a few years ago, found that our NBO, the Bridge Federation of India, does not have a Directors' training or certification programme, all our Directors are self-taught. I decided to go a step further, found that ACBL has a certification system where they send a test paper by mail, you complete it in the presence of a monitor and send it back, which I did and passed with 98.4%. So now I am a certified ACBL Club Director, with a badge, if you please.

Wanting to progress further I contacted EBU (closer to home than the US) and was warmly welcomed by Richard Banbury. I became a member, attended the Advanced Directors Course in Leeds in March and the County Directors Course in Coventry last month, which I also passed.

So now here I am, on the Forum, to keep up my learning from the discussions and maybe contribute a bit.

From time to time I will take the liberty of posting rulings where I have differed from the other Directors here, which is not that rare! In these cases I will value your reaction, for me to learn whether I am right or the others.

Why have I chosen Vlad as my username? Dracula!!

Comments

• Welcome, Vlad. We're all here to learn and discuss.

• @Vlad said:
    Hi All,

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am an Indian, living in Mumbai. A keen bridge player, around 12 handicapper in terms of golf! Enthusiasm exceeds competence!

Got interested in Directing a few years ago, found that our NBO, the Bridge Federation of India, does not have a Directors' training or certification programme, all our Directors are self-taught. I decided to go a step further, found that ACBL has a certification system where they send a test paper by mail, you complete it in the presence of a monitor and send it back, which I did and passed with 98.4%. So now I am a certified ACBL Club Director, with a badge, if you please.

Wanting to progress further I contacted EBU (closer to home than the US) and was warmly welcomed by Richard Banbury. I became a member, attended the Advanced Directors Course in Leeds in March and the County Directors Course in Coventry last month, which I also passed.

So now here I am, on the Forum, to keep up my learning from the discussions and maybe contribute a bit.

From time to time I will take the liberty of posting rulings where I have differed from the other Directors here, which is not that rare! In these cases I will value your reaction, for me to learn whether I am right or the others.

Why have I chosen Vlad as my username? Dracula!!

To clarify, when I refer to differing from the Directors 'here', I mean in India, not this Forum!

• Hi, Vlad!

Welcome to the forum! It was great to meet you when you were in England for the County TD Course! :)

Barrie Partridge - CTD for Bridge Club Live

• @Senior_Kibitzer said:
    Hi, Vlad!

Welcome to the forum! It was great to meet you when you were in England for the County TD Course! :)

Thank you.

• @Tag said:
    Welcome, Vlad. We're all here to learn and discuss.

Thank you.

• I had raised a few questions on the laws with Phil Godfrey after the March course and also before the County Directors course. I will post these in this forum separately as they may be of interest to to others also.