Home Scoring and other IT questions

9 tables, 7 rounds?

Hi all,

We run an improvers session at our club that like to play 21 boards or so (7 threes) at a relaxed pace. This last session got up to 8.5 tables, which is a little bit awkward. Looking in EbuScore, there don't seem to be any 7 round movements for 9 tables?

The simple solution is just to play 7 rounds of a mitchell but I wondered if there were better options.

Comments

• edited November 2018

A Bowman/Web Mitchell - in the case of an odd number of tables with two more tables than rounds, they are identical. When you have a half table, it's even better.

The standard version of this movement for full tables has EW pairs moving as usual and T1 sharing with T8 throughout. T9 shares with a different table each round, so as to play boardsets in descending order. So if you have a half table you make T9 a sitout table and that avoids the rotating boardsharing.

If you have a second set of boards, you can avoid board-sharing altogether by giving T8 & 9 a set between them, except that they would have to share with each other for one round in the middle, fourth, round.

The first time you do this you'll need to create the movement yourself, which you can do in EBUScore, using as a guide the 1 1/2 table Appendix Mitchell movement for 11 tables that already exists there. Or ask here for help.

• Thanks Gordon, I'll try to create that movement then, I think I've managed similar before :). Our club does use the 10.5 appendix mitchell, it does seem a good solution.