Home Scoring and other IT questions

VPs for county league matches

Our county teams-of-four league matches are played at the county headquarters once a month. We have two divisions; the first division play 28-board head-to-head matches, and the second division 24-board head-to-head matches.

Because I'm not always told if some matches have been rearranged to a more convenient time or venue, I never know how many teams are going to turn up on the night until about five minutes before play is due to start, so I haven't created a standard movement in advance that covers the whole event. I score it on EBUScore Teams by creating an individual event for each match with a 28- or 24-board movement and combine them into a multi-section event for running the bridgemates and uploading the results to the website.

I've been doing this for a couple of years now, and I've only just found out that the scoring programme uses the 28-board VP scale for all matches, not just the first-division ones. This is not a big problem, because the VPs are calculated manually from the agreed IMP score for the table of results compiled by the league secretary, but it would be nice if the results were displayed correctly.

On the scoring page the VP scales is set to "calculated from movement", which I had assumed was to solve just this sort of problem. Is there anything else I can do?

One suggestion that springs to mind is to group the first-division matches and the second-division matches separately, combine those two for running the event and then upload the two division results separately.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Your suggestion is the recommended solution. You have to treat as separate events at the end. It is convenient to use one server for getting all the scores in from the Bridgemates, but it is always sensible to separate at the end if they are entirely independent, unconnected events. I have always recommended a similar principle for running say Mens, Ladies, Mixed Pairs on the same server etc.

• Thanks, Jeff. I'll remember that in future.