Home EBU TDs

Hidden trump card in dummy.

I was recently directing at a local club night. I was called to a table where it had just been noticed that a trump had been hidden under another card during play, and dummy had therefore failed to follow suit when trumps were drawn. All four players had failed to notice that dummy apparently only had 12 cards. What should I have done about this?

Comments

• Apply the revoke laws. They will tell you that there is no automatic penalty for a revoke from dummy (or any other exposed card), but you can still adjust using Law 64C if the revoke caused damage.

• Good summary from Gordon.
    Often you hear people say “Dummy can’t revoke”, but clearly it can easily happen with a hidden card. If all of dummy’s cards are correctly sorted and visible, then I understand any revoke from dummy is not subject to penalty; as defenders had a chance to correct the revoke.

• To reiterate what @gordonrainsford said: " you can still adjust using Law 64C if the revoke caused damage".

Revoke by dummy is not subject to an Automatic Trick Adjustment (Law 64B3), but it is subject to redress.