Home Scoring and other IT questions

Team Scoring over two days

Hi.

I am new to EBU Score.

For a team event there will be eight teams of four, playing seven rounds in a round robin, three on a Saturday afternoon and the remaining four on Sunday. Using Bridgemates, I would need to shut down the server on Saturday and restart it on Sunday so that it continues with the scores for the first three rounds undisturbed. Normally when we shut down the server we first reset it. I have never done it otherwise. What should I do in this case?

Grateful for advice.

Comments

• The obvious thing to do with these numbers is to run it as a Stagger Movement, with three rounds as one complete session and four for the second. Regardless, if you set it up as a two session movement, you will have a separate Bridgemate database for each session and so there is no problem with shutting down the server at the end of the session - indeed it is necessary to exit from the BWS program before starting the second session, in which you will have a new database.

What you should do is set up your two sessions and then combine them, running the event from their multi-event so that you can have overall results as you go along.