Home EBU TDs

Blog about club TDs

Tim Anderson, the EBU's Membership Development Officer, has written another excellent blog, this time about the role club TDs play in creating a welcoming atmosphere in clubs. I highly recommend it (and his other blogs on the membership campaign's website).

Comments

• The last paragraph interests me:

Equally, it is not wrong to encourage a culture within a club where members are encouraged to make allowance for one another and not to take advantage inappropriately. This is a difficult judgement and may go against our competitive spirit on occasion; but what is more important, your score on one board,or the reputation and atmosphere at the club being friendly and welcoming?

I think it's important not to get to a situation where players dismiss an infraction without calling the director. A better approach is surely to call the director who can explain the situation, and then the non-offenders can waive rectification.

• You might like to make that point in response to his blog and perhaps stimulate discussion there.
  • @gordonrainsford said:
    You might like to make that point in response to his blog and perhaps stimulate discussion there.

Good idea - thanks Gordon

• The non-offenders can't waive rectification; they can only ask the director to waive it. The decision lies with the director.