Home Scoring and other IT questions

Teams split Matches over Two Sessions

Has anyone done this successfully?
We ran the event OK but when I upload the results to Bridgewebs we get a phantom nameless extra pair at 50% with 1 board played if you click X-IMPS on the overall session tab
Also although 'Convert to VPs' is set off in the two 'Slave' sessions the ranking for session one still calculates them and shows them....
I'm worried that the EBU upload wont get the NGS right if the X_IMPS has this extra pair, and I don't like showing nonsensical VP scores on our CLub website
Any ideas as to what I've done wrong?
Thanks, Peter

Peter Bushby Suffolk

Comments

• Can you explain a bit more about the format of the event (or email me the dat files for it)?

• Hi Gordon. We used M137 to achieve 9 5-board matches over the whole event but played Session One as an M137 all-play-all for 2 boards each match, then Session Two as an all-play-all for the remaing 3 boards of each match.
    I'm prepared to admit we made things difficult for ourselves!
    I'll email you the the dat files....
    Thanks, Peter

Peter Bushby Suffolk

• edited April 2019

I think you may need the tick box on the scoring panel to indicate that rounds played in different sessions count as part of the same matchL "Single match between teams ..."

For 9 teams, I would recommend the 4N+1 movements, playing 4 teams in each session.
    But for (say) 7 teams, playing all teams in both sessions is what you have to do.

Edit: sorry, OP was nine rounds not nine teams.

• This was for ten teams, so a stagger movement would have been the other way of achieving the same effect without splitting matches. However, having seen the files and successfully uploaded the UMS file to a test site, I don't think they did anything wrong. The answer might be elsewhere, but if they manage to upload the file I sent them, we may never know what the problem was.

• edited December 2019

Thanks all. Gordon's file didn't correct the display so I'll try Bridgewebs.
    I checked the 'Matches across Sessions' box, and the Seating Lineups and looked for Name Changes on the log
    Interestingly the phantom pair played 1 board, but all the other pairs played the other pairs played the expected 45 boards...
    ** [Name & original comment removed at contributor's request]** - I toyed with csv plus xml. My workround plan was to upload sessions 1 & 2 as individual sessions to Bridgewebs to show the match status (IMPS only) at the lunch break, and then upload the overall result using csv (which excludes X-IMPS so the phantom pair never appears)
    I checked a neighbouring County's results and see they have a similar problem with
    (Session A VPs + Session B VPS) > Overall VPs
    but without the phantom pair
    It was day one of a Club Blue-Pointed weekend, our first, and we will be doing it again next year so plenty of time to get it right....

Peter Bushby Suffolk

• edited November 2019

** [Name & original comment removed at contributor's request]** - Phantom Pair number Bank and Phantom Pair name Blank... X-IMPS Blank... Average Blank... NGS 50%

Since each Session only has a part of each match VPs at that stage are irrelevant.
    No team has any VPs at the end of Session One so it is irrelevant displaying them
    I'd hoped they could be suppressed but t appears not
    If we had run a stagger movement then whole matches would have been played by the break and VPs earnt would be carried froward so would be worth displaying

Peter Bushby Suffolk

• The phantom pair disappeared on upgrade to latest Bridgewebs release

Peter Bushby Suffolk