Home EBU TDs

Advanced Training and County TD Training courses

Together with the support of the EBU, EBED (English Bridge Education & Development) is organising this year’s advanced director training courses. These are suitable for anyone who has already passed the club director course and has some subsequent experience at their clubs or in other local events.

All course dates can be found on our website : www.ebedcio.org.uk/td-course-calendar

Detailed course info can be found here: www.ebu.co.uk/laws-and-ethics/advanced-td-training

The **Advanced Training Days **(previously known as the “County Prep” Day) are the first step towards becoming a qualified county director. However the course is also suitable for club directors who wish only to refresh or extend their own knowledge, particularly in the area of judgement rulings, without any immediate plan to direct at the county level.

There are two such courses one at Aylesbury (EBU office, Sat 11th May) **and one at **Darlington (St Georges BC, Sunday 30th June) this year. Both run from 10.30 to approx. 4.30. Cost is £55. A place can be booked online through “MyEBU” on the EBU website. If a club or county is paying, then the entry should be sent by email to me at richard@ebedcio.org.uk Also please let me know if you need any additional information.

The **County Director Training Weekend **will be held on 14/15th September at the Coventry Hilton Hotel (as in previous years). This incorporates both the necessary training as well as an assessment, resulting in the successful candidates receiving certification as qualified county directors. It is highly desirable that anyone planning to attend this course should have previously attended an Advanced Training Day and have accumulated some experience in directing larger club or congress/county events. Nominations to attend this course should come from, or be accompanied by recommendations from, a sponsoring county (actual costs can be invoiced to individuals, clubs or counties as necessary). The residential course fee, including accommodation and food is £225. A place can be booked online through “MyEBU” on the EBU website. If a club or county is paying, then the entry should be sent by email to me at richard@ebedcio.org.uk Also please let me know if you need any additional information.