Home Scoring and other IT questions

Printing Player Names from Events menu

Once everyone has entered their numbers into the Bridgemates it's routine at our club to check that all player names are in and to print the names list so that we have a note of who is playing in case of fire. We have had complaints when the list has been inadvertently left in view from members who would prefer that others can't see their Rank. Is it at all feasible in the next Version to provide an option to print with or without Ranks?

Comments

• Hi Linda... Worth trying going to the Reports Tab, selecting Seating Line-Up, display on screen and 'Print to Notepad'
    This seems to display just the names without the ranking
    The you can print that by clicking file and then Print

Peter Bushby Suffolk

• Hi Peter, Many thanks I can see that works. However, there is limited time during a game and some of our scorer's aren't overly confident on the computer. We would encourage everyone to go into Player Names to check for visitors etc. and it seems logical to be able to Print Names from that screen rather than to direct everyone to exit out of that menu and go to a separate Reports menu then to not forget to go back to the Bridgemate Scoring menu. If it's at all feasible to consider a report choice of with/without ranks from the Player Names menu it would be a more User friendly option.

• There is a Show Names button on the main Bridgemate Scoring screen which produces a Notepad file that you could print.

• Thanks Jeffrey. There are several workarounds, which can be written into our manual. However, it's standard practice to go into Player Names to check for visitors etc. and that's where the Print Names function is. It seems logical, if it could be done, to have the option there. I thought it worth asking the question. Linda
  • I have noticed that some players show as Rank not public.
    There is an option to keep your rank private.
    But, rather confusingly, it's not quite so obvious in My EBU as the option to hide your NGS.

Alan

• @16248 said:
    I have noticed that some players show as Rank not public.
    There is an option to keep your rank private.
    But, rather confusingly, it's not quite so obvious in My EBU as the option to hide your NGS.

The option to hide your NGS has been there as long as the scheme has been in operation, but the option to hide your MP rank was introduced when GDPR came in, so was a later addition.