Home Scoring and other IT questions

Suggestions for SMTP server

My club has been using EBUScore for a while now and have been using the inbuilt email facility to send out results. This has worked well until recently when we have started to use it for a new, daytime, session that is attracting up to 20 tables meaning the email message has a large (70-80) number of recipients.

We are currently using Plusnet's SMTP server (relay.plus.net) and, whilst this was fine for smaller numbers of recipients, it cannot cope with such a high number.

I was just wondering if other people have hit this and/or can suggest an alternative SMTP server to use for this level of recipients.

Comments

• Sendgrid is a professional quality SMTP and the free version allows 100 addressees a day.
  • Sadly, I doubt there is an easy solution on this one...Automated program Emails with that many recipients is rather deprecated these days! You should get people to go to your website for results which should have a far more user friendly look and obviates filling peoples Email boxes with this especially given people change their Email address from time tio time.

• Thanks for replies.

I am trying the Gmail server as this says it allows 500 recipients. Let's see if that works!