Home Scoring and other IT questions

Announcing 1NT using Marty Bergen Hand Evaluation methods

Help please!
Four of us have started trialling Marty Bergen's hand evaluation which means we will be opening some hands 1NT that are outside the 15-17 HCP range, and not opening 1NT some hands that are within in it.
The evaluation method is we: adjust for under- (A,10) & over-valued (Q,J) honours; upgrade for long suits (5+);
upgrade for quality 4+ card suits (>= 3 of top 5); downgrade for dubious honour doubletons and singletons
I could:
1. Change our card to, say, 14-19 but that doesn't seem like full disclosure as we dont open all 14-19 hands 1NT
2. Asterisk 15-17 to refer to Bergen Hand Evaluation (mentioned under 'aspects of system to note' and described further inside
Any advice welcome please

Peter Bushby Suffolk

Comments

• @Peter said:
    Help please!
    Four of us have started trialling Marty Bergen's hand evaluation which means we will be opening some hands 1NT that are outside the 15-17 HCP range, and not opening 1NT some hands that are within in it.
    The evaluation method is we: adjust for under- (A,10) & over-valued (Q,J) honours; upgrade for long suits (5+);
    upgrade for quality 4+ card suits (>= 3 of top 5); downgrade for dubious honour doubletons and singletons
    I could:
    1. Change our card to, say, 14-19 but that doesn't seem like full disclosure as we dont open all 14-19 hands 1NT
    2. Asterisk 15-17 to refer to Bergen Hand Evaluation (mentioned under 'aspects of system to note' and described further inside
    Any advice welcome please

I would asterisk but say "we upgrade and downgrade more than is common", leaving them to ask for more information. Don't mention "Bergen Hand Evaluation" because almost no-one will know what it is (I didn't!) and some of them will feel stupid to say so (though I didn't!)

• @gordonrainsford said:

I would asterisk but say "we upgrade and downgrade more than is common", leaving them to ask for more information. Don't mention "Bergen Hand Evaluation" because almost no-one will know what it is (I didn't!) and some of them will feel stupid to say so (though I didn't!)

Bless you Gordon... You made me smile and I needed that :)

Peter Bushby Suffolk