Home Scoring and other IT questions

EBU TeamScore Multi-session reporting limitations?

I think EBU Team Score doesn't report multi-session events very well
I've attached a single session ranking screen from Suffolk 2018 which shows the match results per team
Then the equivalent from this year's team of 8 (multi session) which does not show the match results per team
(the 'score across sessions box was ticked)!
I don't think it is something we've done or not done as an example of a recent Essex multi-session teams of four
also doesn't show the match results per team
Any advice gratefully received

Peter Bushby Suffolk

Comments

• This is more of an issue with how Bridgewebs automatically formats these types of events. Bridgewebs separates these into their separate sessions, and full details of each match are available within each session. In your case, you had 12 matches in each session for each team, so putting 24 results next to each other would make the screen very congested (and would suggest you would like your individual board results in a standard pairs evening listed on the main results screen too!). The easiest solution would be to have longer matches with each team only playing each other once, and you can then easily create a one-session movement.

• edited November 2019

@Name removed at contributor's request said:
    It's mostly a limitation of the Usebio XML format (AIUI there's no way to indicate that matches span sessions).

Of course, the useful reason for uploading as XML is the Cross-IMPs of which the players are enamoured.

Meanwhile the useful feature of the CSV upload is that the matches are reported correctly, regardless of whether they're completed in a single session, or span sessions.

At the moment, you can't get both in a single upload.

I suspect that if the XML was restructured to merge the sessions into one, then BridgeWebs would probably show the results correctly (but you'd only get overall Cross-IMPs, not by session).

Name removed at contributor's request - thanks for explaining, that's a big help. I will keep my fingers crosses for the future :)

Peter Bushby Suffolk