Home Scoring and other IT questions

Scoring two session event as a single session?

I will be scoring a couple of Club Blue-Pointed Swiss Pairs in the next few months.
Both have two sessions as a condition of the licence.

Last year I set each of them up as two sessions on EBUScore which worked fine but I had to publish the second session starting positions separately.
I remember reading here that I could set them up as single session events in which case the moves would be on the bridgemates after the break.
Is there any downside of doing this and will the EBU charging process cope if I upload the results as a single session?

Peter Bushby Suffolk

Comments

• As I understand it the EBU's charging system works on the number of boards rather than whether these have been played in 1, 2 or 3 or more 'sessions'. So that should not be a problem either way. It will always be easier to run the event as one 'session' in EBUScore. As you say the assignments will be in the Bridgemates after the break but I would not send them to the Bridgemates till 5 minutes before the restart, as if you do it earlier people will press 'OK' to see them and then forget where they are supposed to go.

However the significant factor which might make you opt for two sessions is the board numbering. If you have boards from 1-49 or 1-36 or whatever it is then one session will be fine but if for example you have 1-24 and then start from 1 again my understanding is that you will need to score it as two sessions in EBUScore.

• @Paul_Gibbons said:

However the significant factor which might make you opt for two sessions is the board numbering. If you have boards from 1-49 or 1-36 or whatever it is then one session will be fine but if for example you have 1-24 and then start from 1 again my understanding is that you will need to score it as two sessions in EBUScore.

Thank you Paul... I'd missed that implication

Peter Bushby Suffolk