Home EBU TDs

TD dream

Hope you are all well, missing Bridge and possibly experiencing some online bridge.
I just thought I’d share this with you.
I had a dream last that I was a playing TD running a Tournament between our club and Bradford Bridge Club. (Why Bradford I don’t know). But in the dream the Clubs were both in unusual old buildings about 200m from each other. I was the only TD for both buildings, with about 20 tables in each club.
The movement involved certain players from each camp going to the other building after each round.
I was entering the scoring details in an unfamiliar scoring programme; And one of the details required was to enter my Driving licence Number. Well of course I never carry my driving licence with me, so was stuck and couldn’t enter the details (even thought everyone had started playing). I was not in our club building and my wife (Bridge partner) was waiting for me in the other building (I was assuming we’d have to take averages, as players had played nearly three boards). But I couldn’t ring my wife to let her know as I knew her phone would be on silent. I’d have to nip home to get my driving licence!!
I now needed a wee and in the unfamiliar building, not knowing where the toilets were, couldn’t find them.
At which point I woke up. Thank goodness I wasn’t called for a ruling.
And I thought real TD’ing was stressful enough.
Strangely I got back to sleep and got back into almost the same dream, where I had to start writing about the evenings event.
Don’t know if anyone has had and TD dreams too, I thought I’d share this just for fun.
Stay safe.
Steve.

Comments