Home Scoring and other IT questions

Robots in BBO games

Our virtual club would like to ban players registering to play with robots but allow the Director to substitute robots for missing players. The advice we received as we set up the club was that to allow robots as subs we had to have "Allow Robots" set in the Event Entries settings but this of course allows players to register with a robot. We could work around I guess by not allowing robots until the event starts and then modifying the event to allow them.

I just wanted to check if that initial advice still correct?

Comments

• Hi Stan, simply set up your event with "Allow Robots" unticked. You will still be able to substitute in robots when the event starts if required - there's no need to modify the event to allow them once the event starts. To sub a robot in on BBO, right click on the sitout (or unresponsive player in extreme cases), click "Substitute - Select" and then type robot as the replacement.

• @StanC said:
    We could work around I guess by not allowing robots until the event starts and then modifying the event to allow them.

The other thing to be aware of is that you can't change the 'allow robots' flag on a tournament once it is set up. I've tried it and been denied using both V3 (ordinary website) and V2 (flash) of the interface.