Home Scoring and other IT questions

Pay to play arrangements

So, I ran my 1st virtual club session last night, managing to be a playing director. Very pleased as no big issues.

Extracted results and hands, uploaded to BridgeWebs no probs, though I manually changed the BBO names to real names :)

I have also uploaded the results to EBU, via the club's My EBU, manually correcting names from BBO to EBU numbers, including 2 robots that made up a 1/2 table. All this shows fine this morning for Masterpoints and NGS.

What I am not sure about is payments to EBU for Pay to Play and money coming to the club from BBO.

My understanding is that BBO take a cut amd send the rest to EBU. The EBU takes their cut and sends any surplus to the club. Is that right?

What I am also not sure about, is that now I have uploaded to the EBU, this would normally then be charged back to the club for P2P. Have I just caused us to be charged twice? Should I have used a code in EBU upload other than the usual 10?

Many thanks

Comments

• You are correct in that BBO takes a cut and sends the rest to the EBU, but the EBU then sends this in its entirety to the club. The EBU then collects the P2P charge via code 10 as normal so you've done everything correctly.

• Brilliant, thanks for that - it all makes sense to me now.

Just need to find an automated way to change everyone's BBO names to real names now.

Cheers

• This is great, I had a spreadsheet of player names, BBO names and EBU numbers that I had created previously. Saved as a CSV file, converted to .txt file and now correcting names should work like a charm.

Happy days :)

• When u create your xml files there is a button “Load Names”. Just point this to your csv notepad file and it converts everything u need.