Home EBU TDs

Updated TD Videos now available

edited June 2018 in EBU TDs

Updated to take account of the 2017 law changes, primarily aimed at club TDs.

http://www.ebu.co.uk/laws-and-ethics/td-videos

Comments

• I like them - very professional and informative.

Number 3 is interesting (1 Spade out of turn, replaced with a 2 Spade jump overcall - noted as being strong). I agree perfectly allowable, but this could very well be the case where 23C comes in. Presumably IF the OS fail to reach 4 Spades due to partner realising that the call may be sub-standard then we adjust.

• edited June 2018

@weejonnie said:
    Presumably IF the OS fail to reach 4 Spades due to partner realising that the call may be sub-standard then we adjust.

I'm not so sure about that. Unless there was subsequent UI letting the player know that the hand was under-strength, or unless they couldn't otherwise stay out of game, then I don't think the conditions are met to adjust.

• Just one comment, @Gordon. In video three, the player, having opened 1S out of turn, asks whether she may overcall 1H with 1S and you reply that she is not allowed to do that. Of course, she is allowed to bid 1S and restrictions shall then ensue.

Many thanks for making the videos.

• edited June 2018

@Tag said:
    Just one comment, @Gordon. In video three, the player, having opened 1S out of turn, asks whether she may overcall 1H with 1S and you reply that she is not allowed to do that. Of course, she is allowed to bid 1S and restrictions shall then ensue.

Many thanks for making the videos.

Yes, I should have been explicit that I was answering as to what would be considered comparable. I hope there's enough about that elsewhere in the videos, including just before that example, that it won't mislead!