Home EBU TDs

Testing Layouts of Posts

In one of my recent posts I spent some time nicely laying out the bidding and hands so they were shown in a columnar format. The forum then undid all that by deleting all the extra spaces.

Does anyone know a good way of putting in information in tabular form that will survive the forum's formatting?

The following is a test for something I think might work.

Dealer E, all Vul
E S W N
1NT P 2H X
2S 3H P P
3S

W E
S AK832 975
H 42 J9
D K76 QJ85
C 975 AKQT

And here's another:

Comments

• Well one failed but the other didn't!

• It's certainly not ideal for formatting bridge hands, but you can use the code format (from the format dropdown, or with backticks). Like this:

N/S vuln Q6 AQ753 93 J642 AK832 975 42 J9 K76 QJ85 975 AKQ10 J104 K1086 A1042 83

It's fiddly, it doesn't like blank lines or spaces in the first line, but it kinda works.

This software is extensible, though, so it might be possible to develop a "proper" hand diagram formatter. Finding time for this kind of thing is difficult, but if any coders here want a side project feel free to drop me a line!

• Thanks, Michael
    It looks good - but I can't see what code you used, just the result. Where can I find out more about the code syntax?
    Also, I might be interested in developing a proper hand and bidding diagram formatter.

Jeremy

• If you mark the text with backticks, it'll turn it into a fixed-width font. You can do this inline, like this, or in a block.

like this

It's a bit fiddly to get right, so I'd suggest frequent use of the Preview button - it took me a few attempts to get the diagram above correct.

Will send you an email about developing an extension.