Home Scoring and other IT questions

EBUSCore 1.2.1

2»

Comments

• To avoid such things as "North Trophy Session 7 Session One". If I want such names, I can type them in myself.

• Why would you want to have to type them in yourself when it could be done accurately and automatically? I suppose one solution would be to have a session 0 that doesn't put anything in the event title.

• TagTag
    edited June 2019

That's what occurred to me as I noticed the "feature"; to have a 0 or "only" in the list to ask for no additional nomenclature. I'd like this to be the default. Admittedly, in my above case, I'd select number 7 but, typically, there is only a single session on any given day at the club and having "Session 1" added to the name we give it is odd.

• I normally number the sessions and title them as I go along, looking over at my calendar when scoring , so it is in the format of [for example] Tuesday #2 in the month. Now it reads as Tuesday #2 in the month Session 1, so in the scheme of things it honestly does not matter too much I guess.

• When I check with the previous version it did not indicate that a later version was available.

It does not seem that 1.2.1 has a check for latest version tab (at least it isn;t where I expeceted it)

Oh - can you just confirm - if you want to add a rover into a movement do you just change the movement to the Rover and then update from round 2? (it looks as if you have to be running a share and relay rather than a skip.)

• I will surmise that 1.2.1 is recognised as a LOWER version than 1.10.1 for some unknown reason - or maybe it is that the computer naively thinks that 10 > 2.

• Have we lost the automatic checking to ensure that no masterpoints are awarded for 22 events?

• @SteveFoster said:

@weejonnie said:
    Have we lost the automatic checking to ensure that no masterpoints are awarded for 22 events?

I believe that is mentioned in the release notes on the EBUScore Help Pages on www.ebu.co.uk.

OK it'll be back - also am having problems scrolling updating reports

• edited December 2019

** [Name & original comment removed at contributor's request]** - have you cheked the scroll values in Reports > Print properties? They were incorrectly interpreted in the 1.1 versions and the wrong values may have been carried forward to 1.2.1 as default

• Understood. You should go onto 1.2.x eventually as it has significant improvements, but I appreciate your reluctance until user feedback on preferred options from 1.1.10 have been incorporated!

• When is 1.2.2 expected ?

• Good morning,

First let me introduce myself - my name is Jonathan Lillycrop and I will be taking over support of EBUScore from Ian Mitchell.

I am currently reviewing the changes for version 1.2.2 and will be starting work on them this week. At this point it is hard for me to estimate how long it will take to implement the planned changes but I will keep this forum updated on progress.

Based on the discussions here and other feedback I have received I believe the main 3 required changes are:
    1 - Re-introduce results scroll file location functionality
    2 - Change the scrolling results screen so it is available before any results are received
    3 - Increase page margins for printing as the program currently tries to print very close to the edge of the page which causes problem with some printers (seems to particularly be a problem when doing checkslips for Swiss events)

Over the last weekend I used version 1.2.1 Swiss Pairs and Swiss Teams to run the events for London Congress with no significant issues. I did notice one change in behaviour which I thought it was worth mentioning here. In the past there used to be a button to get scrolling ranks to appear, now the scrolling ranks will appear automatically (currently when the first result is received) and the 'Show Ranks' button will just give you a Notepad display.

Jonathan

• @mickg said:
    When is 1.2.2 expected ?

I was reluctant to answer this, preferring for Jonathan to give the complete picture on EBUScore development.

• Welcome Jonathan and thanks to Ian for his work until now supporting EBUScore!

• Thank Ian....I have always found you helpful and cooperative on this development. Good Luck Jonathan!