Home Scoring and other IT questions

Scoring for Multiple Clubs and deal file location

I regularly score (or more importantly) amend scores after the event for more than one club. have tried installing two separate EBU Score installations to two different folders on the PC which is what Jeff recommends in his Reference Manual and this works fine with one minor issue.  On the Create New Event page the website data in both installations changes to the address stored  as Club Default.  Thus if in Semington club I set the webpage to www.bridgewebs.com\Semington and save ,when next I create an event in Trowbridge the website is set to Semington. None of the other data eg club name and number changes. EBUScore is storing some (but not all default information) in a central location.  I think this is in the Registry under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings.  It looks to me that the Country and WebSite info are stored in a separate JSS subkey which is common to all of the installations, while all the rest of the default info is stored in a club specific file under EBUScore.    An annoyance rather than significant but I don't think it would be a major change to store the info in the club specific area.

Given that EBUScore lets you set default locations for just about everything including P2P files, deal files seem to have been missed out. EBUScore defaults to a folder under the EBU score installation eg C:\EBUScore\Pairs\Deals.   I would like them to be stored with the player database and event database on onedrive so they can be accessed remotely. 

Comments

• Good point.....another update for Jonathan in EBUScore1.2.2......the only problem being it may not be entirely backwards compatible (so retrieving an older event may not pick out the correct deal file)

• This might be a good time to remind people that they can log in to multiple accounts at once in My EBU. Information here. At some point I'll make that more user-friendly...

• Michael, I know that some bridge "centres" who have a number of clubs that play at their premises need to have multiple copies of EBUScore on the one computer. Can you also give advice/instructions on how to do this.

• @mickg said:
    Michael, I know that some bridge "centres" who have a number of clubs that play at their premises need to have multiple copies of EBUScore on the one computer. Can you also give advice/instructions on how to do this.

I can't, but that's what this post is for. Someone here will be able to explain what you need to do.

I'd be careful of doing that, though, since they'd all have access to membership information of all the clubs, and you might run into GDPR problems.

• edited November 2019

Name removed at contributor's request gave a useful suggestion above about using different Windows user accounts, which shouldn't fall foul of data protection requirements.