Home Scoring and other IT questions

EBU Score 1.2.4

I just downloaded the 1.2.4 version and find that the player database is blank! I tried changing the database to another DAT file but even that is missing. Have I lost all the names in my database?

Comments

• Hi Vlad, installing the new version won't overwrite any DAT files so the members database and other DAT files should still be there. Most likely they are in a different directory which is why they are not being found. Did you install version 1.2.4 in a new directory or overwrite your existing installation? If it is easier you can give me a call on 01296 317206 and we can try and sort it out. Jonathan

• Thanks Jonathan.
    I couldn't locate the DAT file but was able to retrieve the names from a csv file to which I had backed up the names. However the backup restore removed the player IDs that I had entered!

• @Vlad said:
    Thanks Jonathan.
    I couldn't locate the DAT file but was able to retrieve the names from a csv file to which I had backed up the names. However the backup restore removed the player IDs that I had entered!

If they are in the right place in the csv file, they will be imported along with the other data.

• @gordonrainsford said:

@Vlad said:
    Thanks Jonathan.

If they are in the right place in the csv file, they will be imported along with the other data.

Thanks Gordon, but the csv file is created by the scoring system, so one could presume that it would put the player IDs in the right place. I didn't modify the file in any way. And when I clicked the box to import the file a drop-down message said that the player IDs would not be imported.

I'll try again.

• @Vlad said:

@gordonrainsford said:

@Vlad said:
    Thanks Jonathan.

Thanks Gordon, but the csv file is created by the scoring system, so one could presume that it would put the player IDs in the right place. I didn't modify the file in any way. And when I clicked the box to import the file a drop-down message said that the player IDs would not be imported.

I'll try again.

Did it say why they would not be imported? Have you done a search for "*members.dat" to try to find the original file?