Home Scoring and other IT questions

Logging off a bridgemate

I ran a five-table teams event last night. At the end of the first round, a player complained that their bridgemate was not very responsive (the buttons had to be thumped hard), so could he have a different one. I logged it off, set up a new bridgemate and added it to the server. Their new bridgemate had no results for round one, and asking them to put the six missing scores in would have delayed their start of round 2. (I judged they wouldn't have been very fast.) I couldn't do it because I hadn't yet played the boards. I had to add six averages and then delete them at the end of the final round and replace them with the real scores.

Is there a way of recovering the scores from the server or the scoring programme (EBUScore) or BCS or something when this happens?

Comments

• edited November 2019

Thanks, ** [Name & original comment removed at contributor's request]**.

They had entered the six scores for round 1 when I swapped the bridgemates. I'm sure the scores were retained in the scoring programme, server etc., but the problem was they couldn't enter scores for round 2 in their new bridgemate because it was still awaiting the scores for round 1.

Your last paragraph looks as if it would have worked for me, although I'd have to be careful not to catch a glimpse of any scores.

If swapping a bridgemate is so simple, when do you ever need to log one off?

• edited November 2019

Think you’re right there ** [Name & original comment removed at contributor's request]**. Originally you had to log a handset off. Now just give any spare Bridgemate the section Letter and table number and it takes over the table where the problem is. You do get a confirmation message.