Home Scoring and other IT questions

Instant Scoring

I came across the concept of instant scoring in the White Book - 8.78.3.1 - and it seems a useful way of scoring for learners playing prepared hands.

I looked at ebuscore but couldn't see a way of implementing instant scoring. Is there a way?

Comments

• On the Event Details > Scoring screen, tick the butler datums box and set the scores via the Set Fixed Butler Datums button..

• JeffreyS's method will do instant IMPs.

I don;t think EBUScore provides 'instant match points', This requires a preset frequency table (for each board).

• @Robin_BarkerTD said:
    JeffreyS's method will do instant IMPs.

I don;t think EBUScore provides 'instant match points', This requires a preset frequency table (for each board).

I think you're right Robin, but a teacher who wanted improvers to have a comparison point for practice hands might be able to import, say, a random past week's club duplicate into a new event then set up the improvers group as a new section alongside it, scored across whole field. You can use the Category field to flag the Improver Pairs in any results.
    The rankings wouldn't be relevant since the improvers would only play a fraction of the total field but the travellers might be a useful teaching aid.
    If you could also run it barometer style you could project or print handouts of the travellers board by board (or set by set) and lead discussion with the group around their results and any differences with the main room.

Peter Bushby Suffolk