Home Scoring and other IT questions

NGS SOF: BAD SCORES

Our usual Monday afternoon session went through Pianola yesterday to the EBU but has not registered overnight with the BAD SCORES notice. At least they 90% of players were regular players.

Is this just a blip caused by the problems with Pianola?

Alan

Comments

• edited March 2020

@16248 said:
    Our usual Monday afternoon session went through Pianola yesterday to the EBU but has not registered overnight with the BAD SCORES notice. At least they 90% of players were regular players.

Is this just a blip caused by the problems with Pianola?

The reason is because there is a pair of guests put in with a score of 0%. If they should not be included for some reason, they should have been removed from the ranking list. So the scorer should do this and resubmit the results.

• OK, thanks.
    I know what happened. The pair had to leave early because of a medical emergency and the rounds they had played were marked as Not Played.
    EBU Score can't cope and puts in some fictional names.
    I will pass this on to our Scorer.

Alan

• On reflection I would appreciate any advice about this situation with EBUScore.
    When a pair becomes a missing pair after setting up the movement and starting Bridgemates how do we get the scores right? Leaving blank names and marking every round as Not Played seems to make sense but EBUScore always gets the missing pair in a twist.
    What should we do?

Alan

• Mark the pair as missing in the movement and in the properties. This is straightforward as long as you started with a full number of table, but not so if you already had a half table and now have two missing pairs.

Note that if the pair who leave had played half the boards, those results should stand and their intended opponents should get Av+. If they had not played half the boards, all their results should be nullified.

• Thanks for that. :)

Alan