Home EBU Tournaments

Bridge abroad

Since most of the rest of Europe and the US are now coming out of lockdown with restaurants and bars reopening, does anyone know if any countries have reopened bridge clubs?
If so is there anything they have learnt that could prove useful for us?

Comments

• @stayman said:
    Since most of the rest of Europe and the US are now coming out of lockdown with restaurants and bars reopening, does anyone know if any countries have reopened bridge clubs?
    If so is there anything they have learnt that could prove useful for us?

I think it's likely that bridge clubs will re-open a lot later than other social venues because of the difficulty of maintaining distance while playing face-to-face bridge.

• The best solution I've seen is transparent screens across both diagonals of each table, and then have one of those mini dealing machines in the middle so that each table plays with their own pack of cards (but can still play the same hands as other tables). This might work for getting some very small sessions back under way, though in reality there are still lots of problems which would need to be sorted out and probably wouldn't be worth the investment.

If you wanted to play longer rubber bridge sessions which don't require pre-dealt boards, just getting screens would be a possibility once the lockdown rules allow it, but for me at least I couldn't see that outweighing the options offered currently by online bridge.