Home Scoring and other IT questions

X-IMP Scoring

Can anyone advise me of a simple way to create cross IMPed scores for teams of 8 played on BBO?

The methodology for the matches is to run separate BBO teams of 4 matches playing the same boards with new matches created after half the boards have been played. For teams of 8 this produces four separate sets of results.

I would like to produce a results set including X-IMPs without manually entering each board into a scoring program.

I use a Mac so Teams Scorer doesn't run on it but I also have access to a Windows 10 machine.

Comments

• If you can create each teams of four match as XML (USEBIO) then it may be possible to read each 'section' into EBUScore teams, combine sessions/sections and set the overall team-of-eight scoring.

• The issue I believe currently is that BBO Extractor does not set a movement so EBUScore can't complete a seating lineup. If it became possible for BBO Extractor to include a movement for team matches (which will always be the same) in some way then that would be useful, but I suspect that might take more time than its worth to implement.

• I note that although USEBIO 1.0 contained provision for movement information it wasn't really carried forward into the later editions, which simply state that these formats never caught on.

For this reason I'm guessing that EBUScore would not extract movement information from an imported XML file even if it was present. BBO Extractor would have to invent the movement, since the BBO results pages do not contain movement information as such.

However, EBUScore could equally well do this from the information that is in the XML, i.e. pair number to pair name relationships, and NS, EW pair numbers and board numbers for each traveller line.