Home Scoring and other IT questions

BBO logon problems Wed 28/10 and still continuing

Anyone know what the problems are and prognosis is with BBO preventing people logging in and/or not being able to find tourneys when they do?
We had problems on Wed, Thu and now again on Monday.
Many thanks
Peter

Peter Bushby Suffolk

Comments

• More info from one of our clubs last night:
    "I noticed that when I first logged into BBO, there were no tournaments – pending, running or completed. I had players ringing me up saying the same. At the time it appeared that BBO was just running extremely slowly and the various tournament lists all appeared eventually, as did the numeric indicator telling me how many of my People were online. These lists came and went, but I could see that we had 4½ tables of registered players with more phoning me up trying to log in (I advised them to keep on trying). We delayed the start by 5 minutes and then took the view that no-one else would be able to login and so we released the tournament which duly started (I wasn’t sure if it would). We then found that the Show Tables list wouldn’t load, so we couldn’t intervene in our sit-out, or see what was happening on any of the tables; all we could see from the Tournament status was that tables were in play. We also stated getting an “Internal error Message, please try again later” message on the main BBO panel (LH side). We phoned some of the players who said that nothing was happening on their table and, at this point, decided that it would be best to cancel the tournament."

Peter Bushby Suffolk

• I don't have any answers for you I'm afraid, but I can confirm that it is happening to us too!

• I had the same on Monday (1st Nov) running a Swiss teams which was due to start at 1930. The problems were evident from 1915 and many persevered (after the occasional phone call) and did manage to register for the event, but others found it impossible. I delayed the event first by ten minutes and then another five and all pairs did get registered. The event started but lost one of the 22 registered pairs en route and it started with 6 sit-outs. I was not able to see the numbers playing and the sit-outs for at least 5 minutes after the game had started, but I did eventually get SHOW TABLES to deliver, and managed to get the blocked pair installed, and robots for the other sit-outs, and thereafter things proceeded normally. Stress levels were quite high.