Home Scoring and other IT questions

Teams-of-eight leagues

We have had enquires about Tollemache/Cross-IMP scoring for head-to-head matches in a league.

Do you know of teams-of-eight league (inter-club, inter-county, other?) which use Tollemache (4-way Cross-IMP) scoring, or a thinking of doing so?

Do these use 'discrete' or 'continuous' VP scale? Do they routinely score the matches using BridgeMates or other desk-top devices?

Thanks

Comments

• Of the two teams of 8 leagues I've played in ;
    The Northern League (inter county) uses BridgeMates, 4 way Cross IMP scoring with a discrete VP scale. Might differ from the Tollemache, but from the description I think it's similar. You only play two of the opposing pairs, each team having two NS and two EW pairs.

The Yorkshire league (inter club) used IMPed aggregate from the results at all 4 tables, which doesn't translate the IMP scale as well but has the advantage in a large league with some smaller clubs participating of being relatively easy to work out by hand and what people are used to. An all play all movement is played and bridgemates rarely used, I believe we did work out a movement for the last season we played and use them in a few top division matches.

• The Midlands Counties League has used this form of scoring for a small number of years, and using the discrete scale. We have used Bridgemates to collect the scores and sometimes to generate the result.

We have a Midlsands Counties Online League running currently, but decided that this form of scoring was too much work, and we just IMP each foursome and add two scors together to get the score fort the team-of-8.

• As mentioned most NBL matches scored 4 way Ximps discrete scale. We play teams of 8 on Realbridge now monthly, 16 tables, 8 teams of eight. Scored the same as Patrick.