Claiming Gift Aid on Club Membership Subscriptions

Many bridge clubs charge an annual subscription for membership in addition to table money. Clubs registered as a charity with the Charity Commission or clubs with a turnover of less than £5000 (who can't register with the Charity Commission) may be able to claim Gift Aid on the annual membership subscription for anyone who pays tax by registering with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

We are pleased to now provide detailed guidance on how to go about registering with HMRC.

This document describes the registration process:

Here is a sample Gift Aid Declaration Form:

And here is a sample HMRC application form:

Charity version -
Non-charity version -

If you need further assistance the please contact our Club Liaison Officer, Andrew Urbanski, by emailing or calling 01296 317206