Once again a fund is available from which grants can be made to assist affiliated clubs with capital expenditure. Applications are being taken, and should be made by Monday 30th April.
The most common applications have in the past been for assistance with buying dealing machines or wireless scoring systems, though in principle any capital expenditure might qualify. You can read about the grants given in 2016 and 2017 here.
The EBU will provide funding to successful applicants of no more than half the total expenditure, but there is a limited fund available and in order to help as many clubs as possible those who apply for a smaller proportion are more likely to be successful.
Clubs that are successful must undertake to remain affiliated to the EBU for at least three years or else to repay the appropriate portion of the grant.
Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- What equipment is needed and what is its total cost
- How much contribution from the EBU is being requested
- Where the remaining funds will come from
- Why the club can’t fund the entire purchase (providing a copy of the club’s accounts might be useful supporting documentation in this regard)
- Whether other clubs will also benefit from the grant, such as if the club is intending to deal boards for another club as well