Another successful overseas Congress has come to an end, with an almost unprecedented number of different players enjoying success in the week's events. 24 different players were victorious in sunny Andalucia, with more than twenty other different players finishing in a runners-up position.
Waseem Naqvi & Jorg Dombrowe were the winners of the Swiss Pairs, losing only one of their ten matches to finish on 153 VPs. Steve Ray & Georgia Ray were second, 18 VPs behind, with Susan Pell & Carole Kelly and Joy Blakey & Irving Blakey tied for third on 130 VPs.
The Swiss Teams was won by Denis Talbot, Kathy Talbot, Denis Murphy & Pearl Murphy (pictured) who finished on 136 VPs. Brian Crack, Shirley Goldwin, Veronica Petrie & Andrew Petrie were second with 130 VPs.
The full list of winners was:
- Pre-congress pairs: Veronica Petrie & Andrew Petrie
- Swiss Pairs: Waseem Naqvi & Jorg Dombrowe
- Women's pairs: Linda Fleet & Mary Homer
- Men's pairs: Ted Latham & Bernie Hunt
- Mixed pairs: Denis Murphy & Pearl Murphy
- Open Pairs: John Brearley & Judy Brearley
- Pivot Teams: Green & overall - Bill Gardner, Sylvie Grant, Linda Quigley, Jon Harrison; Red - Albert Kitchin, Mike Harbour, Linda Fleet, Mary Homer; White - Gilly Cardiff, Adrian Fontes, Andrew Bennett, Karen Dewar;
- Swiss Teams: Denis Talbot, Kathy Talbot, Denis Murphy & Pearl Murphy
The next Overseas Congress takes place in Athens, 30th January - 5th February 2019.