The Summer Festival has concluded with the Four Star Teams competition, which was won by the Teltscher team - Mark Teltscher, Zia Mahmood, Tom Townsend, Artur Malinowski & Bernard Teltscher. They were just 4 VPs ahead of two teams tied for second, and chocoholics will enjoy the fact it was between the Green and Black teams - Ben Green, Andrew Murphy, Jon Cooke & Cameron Small, and Gunnar Hallberg, Derek Patterson, Andrew McIntosh & Phil King respectively.
The B Final was won by Chris Dixon, David Jones, Trevor Ward & Peter Shelley, with Kieran Dyke, Frances Hinden, Paula Leslie & Jeffrey Allerton in second. The Swiss Teams, which continued after the top team progressed to the finals, was won by Norman Selway, Kay Preddy, Sandra Penfold & Brian Senior (picture).
Also in the second phase of the Festival were two midweek competitions held at venues around the country, two one-day Swiss Pairs competitions, and a curtain-raiser to the Team's competition at the Royal National. The winners were:
- Mixed Pivot Teams: Bernard Goldenfield, Irving Blakey, Rhona Goldenfield & Joy Blakey
- Mixed Pairs: Tracy Capal & David Sherman
- Saturday's Swiss Pairs: David Wright & David Fletcher
- Sunday's Swiss Pairs: Eryk Gozdowski & Tony Mutukisna
- Point-a-Board Teams: Petar Ivanov, James Thrower, Todor Tihilov & Ali Ahmed
Summer Festival Hub (for results, articles from the Festival, and more)