Home Scoring and other IT questions

ArcScorer Experience

Hi all. I'd be interested and grateful to hear views of ArcScorer from anyone using it - and particularly if you've migrated to it from BridgeTab. Many thanks

Comments

• My experience of ArcScorer is such that I would never recommend it to a club. When I played at a club which used it I found on the 3rd round when I entered our score there were no other scores in. The previous tables had just entered not played without any reference to the director. Subsequently when my table did not play a board I called the director so that he could enter AV+, AV- or AV but it turned he was not able to do this. Obviously this was a while ago now but unless these faults have been remedied I would not touch them.

If you use ArcScorer with EBUScore you will at least get warned that you are missing scores at the end. However certainly at this club ScoreBridge was quite happy with the illegal scoring and no was aware that they were doing anything wrong.

In my opinion BridgeTab is far superior and is easier for the players to use than Bridgemates but the last time I looked did not offer quite so many facilities as Bridgemates to assist the director/scorer/organiser although there may have been updates to it since.

• @GrahamD said:
    Hi all. I'd be interested and grateful to hear views of ArcScorer from anyone using it - and particularly if you've migrated to it from BridgeTab. Many thanks

MARCH 2023,
    I used the forum search to find mention of arcscorer, so, I found my way here.. . I am interested in evaluating alternative methods of scoring in addition to the obvious.
    Does anyone use it and if so, please a current opinion (short is fine. 🙄) would be brilliant please.
    Thank you.

• @randhl2 said:

@GrahamD said:

MARCH 2023,
    I used the forum search to find mention of arcscorer, so, I found my way here.. . I am interested in evaluating alternative methods of scoring in addition to the obvious.
    Does anyone use it and if so, please a current opinion (short is fine. 🙄) would be brilliant please.
    Thank you.

Just wondered if you've considered BridgePal, which also runs on android tablets ? I should state up front that I'm the developer (together with my wife Mirna). It's completely free of charge, is used by about 85 english clubs and about 150 clubs worldwide. There are almost certainly more as we do not require people to register with us in order to download and use the software. There is a website at bridgepal.co.uk, from which you can download the software, and a forum at https://mirgo2.co.uk/bridgepal_forum. Contact us if you have any questions.

• Thank you very much indeed for your help. Very kind.

To me Bridgepal(s) is right up there with "the obvious", I wanted to help guide our bridge club to making a sensible electronic scoring decision (moving forward from manual scoring) and felt presenting a few alternatives plus supporting information albeit brief was the right thing to do. I play on occasion at Cross in Hand BC where Bridgepals are used and so am conversant with the ease with which it is used and a general air of happiness about using it at every level.

Many thanks once more for guidance/interest.