Home Scoring and other IT questions

Displaying and sending up masterpoints

Quick question

We run normal events (10) and supervised novice events (22). When uploading to bridgewebs the supervised novices show masterpoints - which presumably are not awarded.

Do the EBU handle this automatically - I note the Y is as shown for these events.

Do we have to disable the show MPs flag on the 'create bridgewebs' screen? or do we change the scale on the event info page.

No doubt the answers are simple or obvious but would appreciate clarification

Comments

• You should not submit them with master points - the regulation says "no Master Points should be awarded".

• @gordonrainsford said:
    You should not submit them with master points - the regulation says "no Master Points should be awarded".

Actually that's what it says for Code 11. For Code 22 it says "No master points are issued ". I've asked for this to be looked into, as it seems some Master Points may have been issued when they shouldn't.

• I thought that the master-point flag would automatically be turned off in the XML file when code 22 (or 11) is selected (and the checkbox in the -create bridgemate file). I just don't want to be in the position when someone forgets to select the MP scale when creating a normal club afternoon from the previous night's novices.

• @weejonnie said:
    I thought that the master-point flag would automatically be turned off in the XML file when code 22 (or 11) is selected (and the checkbox in the -create bridgemate file). I just don't want to be in the position when someone forgets to select the MP scale when creating a normal club afternoon from the previous night's novices.

I've asked that this be made to happen in future, but it'll take some coding so won't be immediate. In the meantime please switch it off when creating your xml file and switch it back on immediately afterwards. Thanks for drawing it to my attention.

• Rather than changing the scoring program, it may be easier for the EBU/Pianola software to ignore Masterpoints when certain UMS Codes are specified?

• @JeffreyS said:
    Rather than changing the scoring program, it may be easier for the EBU/Pianola software to ignore Masterpoints when certain UMS Codes are specified?

Yes, I've asked for this to happen but it won't be immediate.

• edited December 2018

@JeffreyS said:
    Rather than changing the scoring program, it may be easier for the EBU/Pianola software to ignore Masterpoints when certain UMS Codes are specified?

Agreed,
    Nevertheless, I am going to incorporate into the next release of EBUScore a check (when exiting the "Event Details" screen) that the UMS code and Master Point settings aren't totally inconsistent. It won't be an exhaustive check, but it will, for example, warn you if you haven't disabled MPs when codes 11, 22, 04 & and 08 are selected (& will disable MPs if you proceed). This will ensure that MPs won't get posted on BridgeWebs for example.
    It will also check correlation with code 50 & the Blue-pointed tickbox in MP settings.

if anybody has any other suggestions w.r.t. 'mismatches' , please let me know.